Competition Terms & Conditions
- Competition is only valid and open to people living in South Africa.
- Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons).
- The Organiser is Roche Diabetes Care South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- No persons under the age of 18 years of age may enter.
- Entry into the competition only requires that participants like the Accu-Chek Sub-Sahara Facebook page – it is not required to purchase any Accu-Chek or mySugr products.
- This competition is open to residents of the Republic of South Africa aged 18 years and above who are in possession of a valid identity document (“the participants”) and excludes employees and families of employees of Roche Diabetes Care, their advertising agents, sales agents, promotional agents or any other person connected with or involved in the organizing and running of this promotion.
- You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a competition organised by Roche Diabetes Care SA within the past twelve months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition organised by Roche Diabetes Care SA after the expiry of twelve months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- To enter, participants must like our Accu-Chek Sub Sahara page at https://www.facebook.com/AccuChekSubSahara/ and comment on the competition post on Facebook. Multiple entries are permitted to a maximum of five, provided that each entry is submitted separately and is in accordance with entry requirements.
- The promotion will end on the 30 September 2019.
- There will be 20 winners in total selected at random over the course of the promotion.
- The winners may be contacted directly or via digital channels, and subject to the granting of permission by the winner, his/her name will appear on social media as a winner.
- The award of all prizes is subject to the winner consenting to publication of his/her name.
- All prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right, at its own discretion, to substitute a prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
- You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. In the event that the award of the prize is subject to any bank charges and/or has any tax implications and or any other cost then the organizer reserves the right to adjust such prize to accommodate such charges and costs alternatively, in the sole discretion of the organizer, such charges and or costs shall be for the account of the winner.
- Incomplete and incorrect entries will not be considered for a draw. Participants and winners absolve the Organiser, its advertising agencies, advisers and suppliers from liability for all claims howsoever arising from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omission on the part of any such person.
- The Organiser shall not be liable if, for any reason whatsoever, it is unable to contact the participant within 24 hours of being drawn.
- The Organiser shall not be liable, once the winners have been notified, for any reason, if it is unable to contact the winner for a period longer than 7 (seven) business days and no prior arrangements (for example, alternative contact details) have been made by the winner.
- The Organiser may in its sole discretion determine that the participant forfeits the prize and the Organiser has the discretionary right to draw a new winner from the eligible entries.
- The Organiser will not be liable for any delays in delivery of the prize.
- Prizes are not transferable and/or negotiable. Notification of the identity of the winner must be kept confidential until the winner’s identity is publicly revealed by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm the eligibility of the participant in order to ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Organiser or any of the Organiser brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion, as determined by the Organiser in its sole discretion.
- Winner’s details may be posted onto the Organiser’s website www.accu-chek.co.za and Accu-Chek social media platforms & any other media platforms with regards to the promotion.
- Participants’ details will be used strictly for marketing purposes by the Organiser and will not be sold to third parties. By entering this promotion, the participant accepts the full terms and conditions of this promotion and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions issued by The Organiser with regard to the promotion.
- Participation in this promotion and subsequent use of the prize is at OWN RISK and participants and prize winners hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser, its employees, agents, organisers of this promotion, advertising agencies, advisers and any other related parties, against all claims, losses and liability whether direct or indirect incurred by any participant arising from or in connection with this promotion, including without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, howsoever arising.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend or withdraw this promotion in whole or in part, at any stage temporarily or permanently, without prior notice or compensation. In the event of any such amendment or withdrawal, all participants hereby agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they have no recourse against the Organiser, its agents and/or related parties involved in the running of this promotion.
This promotion is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
*Accu-Chek market share: IQVIA Total Private Market data MAT April 2019