Let's Chat: COVID-19 and additional Diabetes Management measures
"I have diabetes! What additional measures should I take into consideration during COVID-19?"
- Be prepared in case you get ill.
- Keep your contact details up to date.
- Pay extra attention to your glucose control.
- If you exhibit flu-like symptoms - raised temperature, cough, difficulty breathing – or if you are coughing up phlegm, seek medical treatment immediately.
- Infection raises glucose levels and will increase your need for fluids, so ensure you have access to water.
- Make sure you have enough diabetes medication to last longer than usual in case you can not access a pharmacy when needed.
- Ensure that you have enough food.
- Be prepared in case your blood glucose drops suddenly.
- If you live alone, let a friend know that you have diabetes as you may require assistance if you get ill.
Take extra care with your diabetes management during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, consult with your healthcare professional.
BE PART OF OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY! Join the Conversation at AccuChekSubSahara
Roche Diabetes Care South Africa (Pty) Ltd. Hertford Office Park, Building E, No 90 Bekker Road, Midrand, 1686, South Africa.
Email: email@example.com; Call Toll Free: 080-34-22-38-37 (SA only); +27 (11) 504 4677 (Other countries); +254 20 764 0560 (Kenya only); Nigeria Customer Care: +234-1227-8889
©2020 Roche Diabetes Care. LCHAT200501
1American Diabetes Association (ADA). Diabetes and Coronavirus [Internet]. [cited 2020 May 28]. Available from: https://www.diabetes.org/coronavirus-covid-19.
2International Diabetes Federation (IDF). COVID-19 and Diabetes [Internet]. [cited 2020 May 28]. Available from: https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes/covid-19-and-diabetes....