Let's Chat: COVID-19 and Staying Prepared
What to keep close by during the COVID-19 pandemic?1,2
- Contact details of your doctor and pharmacist.
- List of medications, doses and paraphernalia relating to your diabetes.
- Simple carbs like, honey, jam etc. for when you are at risk of lows.
- A repeat prescription and delivery of medication, if possible.
- If applicable, have enough insulin for at least a week's use.
- Hand sanitiser and soap to wash your hands.
- Sufficient supply of blood glucose testing strips.
- If applicable, Glucagon and ketone strips in case of lows and highs.
- Enough household items and groceries to last an extended period.
- A mask for when going out in to public.
Take extra care with your diabetes management during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information, consult with your healthcare professional.
BE PART OF OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY! Join the Conversation at AccuChekSubSahara
Roche Diabetes Care South Africa (Pty) Ltd. Hertford Office Park, Building E, No 90 Bekker Road, Midrand, 1686, South Africa.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Call Toll Free: 080-34-22-38-37 (SA only); +27 (11) 504 4677 (Other countries); +254 20 764 0560 (Kenya only); Nigeria Customer Care: +234-1227-8889
©2020 Roche Diabetes Care. LCHAT200501
1American Diabetes Association (ADA). Diabetes and Coronavirus [Internet]. [cited 2020 May 28]. Available from:https://www.diabetes.org/coronavirus-covid-19.
2International Diabetes Federation (IDF). COVID-19 and Diabetes [Internet]. [cited 2020 May 28]. Available from:https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes/covid-19-and-diabetes...